Saturday, July 2, 2011

KKS Challenge #85 - Material Girl


This weeks Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge is to use fabric/material on your card. Well I'll be honest I was a bit stumped. I struggled a bit with this one. Ya sure, there's an easy out and use a satin flower or an embellishment that is already made with fabric...but I wanted to be more creative then that. So I thought, and thought...what can I use??

I tried covering a brad using my I topper with some fake leather material...well that was unsuccessful!! No encouragement from my eldest daughter either. She's standing next to me watching me struggle with this thing saying "Mommy...I don"t think that's gonna work." Helpful isn't she. lol

So I tossed that idea literally in the trash. Then I thought maybe I could make the flowers using a sizzix die. SUCCESS!!! So there you have it. Phew, glad that's over. Thanks Melanie for that one. ;)

I thought Joanie would be most appropriate with some "leather" on her card. The paper is from Bobunny, bright fun colours. The lacy looking stuff I got a loooong time ago at Scrapfest it kinda reminded me of fish nets. :)

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to pop over to the KKSChallenge Blog to see what the rest of the  Krafty Girls came up with.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Angie! Love it!

Anonymous said...

So this challenge was a challenge? LOL ! Your card turned out beautifully! Leather and fishnets definitely defines Joanie to a "T" ! :) Tracy